Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The man doing it said that my feet roll inwards badly, I knew this anyway from my ballet days;)

He showed me the film back and oh my god it looks like my ankles are going to snap everytime my feet land on the ground, ekkkk it went through me.

He has advised i ask my GP for physio and he gave me a new shoe, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7, he said they should support my ankle well but as the damage is already there it might need some physio.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I bought GTS8s just recently. Very comfy shoe:) Watch out though, sometimes they change the layout of the shoe between models, so the GTS7 might feel different

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh right, I went to Tri active in Chester, nearest place to me and he recommended that shoe.

Is it much different from the GTS 8?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paid £85, grrrrrrrrr. Just seen on wiggle i could get the GTS 8 for £72!!!

Ahhh well u live and learn;)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
GTS 8 and 7 are much the same. Both great shoes. You pays your extra for the service you just dont get on the web!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very true, well at least I know my gait now and I can order those shoes in the future:d

How long are shoes supposed to last for?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
That is the guidline I have always used.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
twinkle toes said:
That is the guidline I have always used.
500 or 1000. TT

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Dave said:
500 or 1000. TT
eeeny meeeny miney mo

erm sorry 500 miles :embarrassed:

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
steepler said:
You do 1000 miles in a pair of running shoes and you WILL get injured
... And if you do 500 hundred consecutive miles in that solitary pair of trainers, the same is likely to apply. Two or more pairs (and the more, the better) of trainers in rotation lessens the risk of injury quite considerably. :)

(... And no I don't work for a shoe manufacturer or retailer... :p )

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I'm so jealous, everyone on here has these fantastic trainers and me has one pair of rubbish kids ones. I need bigger feet, and normal shoes well I'm just not going there as I can't buy them either.:mad:

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Is it really a genuine problem buying shoes so small Dimple?

Poor you if it is. How tall are you? That's not with your hands in the air!!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Squint said:
Is it really a genuine problem buying shoes so small Dimple?

Poor you if it is. How tall are you? That's not with your hands in the air!!
A major problem, and I have tried the kids section but they just don't suit. It can take me months to find a pair. I've got a pair of boots which I have to wear about 4 pairs of socks with. My trainers have insteps, and a couple of sole liners to bulk them out.

I can be walking and the dam things just come off in public too.:embarrassed: I'm not even a dwarf! I'm 5ft 3 with small bones. Saying that I need to get my clothes from petite range or they just look daft too. I do get jealous of others who have nice shoes or you lot on here with your designer trainers!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts