Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which training session do you hate?

Speedwork for me. Short sprints are ok but the 1 mile time trial affairs...yuk!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I find the longer slower runs help 'blow the cobwebs away'. Although I know the benefits of the faster sessions, I feel better if I go out further. Lately having got fed up with some routes, I now drive a few miles, dump the car then run a new circuit, and it feels great.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Grrr, the dreaded treadmill! :mad:

Whats the longest run you can do on that thing?

5k is my limit. After that I just want to throw myself off the damn thing to ease the boredom!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I trained for a marathon on a treadmill.
I had to do 2 sessions of 90 mins to do a 3 hour run.
From memory I think I watched 2 6 Nations games whilst running so time flew by!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Nellie said:
Think I'll try that Bagpuss I've been getting bored with my runs and with the weather being so bad i've reverted back to the treadmill!
Hi Nellie,

Yes, give it a go, sad to use the treadmill too much. Many of my routes are really muddy now, i know some people like that, but some are so 'sticky' that I can't actually run.

I just drive somewhere different, with somewhere 'safe' to leave the car, or get someone to drop you off somewhere (not 20 miles away though!) and then get a buzz from a total change of scenery, it works wonders!

Best of luck,

Lyn.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I dont know how you did it Steve!

No matter what I watch on the TV I still get bored! I find the treadmill more tiring aswell.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grim determination I guess bone idle.

I agree that treadmill running can be more tiring as I tend to go at my normal steady pace or faster whereas when running outside I will slow down or even stop every now and then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts