Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an idea for a product, but before I'm going to invest in prototyping, I'd like to gauge the interest.
Disclaimer: yes, its for a commercial product. Yes, I am a serial inventor. No, I don't have millions or let alone thousands of pounds (hundreds, maybe).

The idea: a face mask able to not only filtr the air you're breathing while running, but also deliver small quantites of oygen to boost the air you're breathing from 18 - 20% of oxygen to 30%. This facilitates recuperation and will enable you to run faster, longer and recuperate quicker.

There are a lot of scientific studies proving the effect. I could list them if you're interested...

So what do you think? The concept I have in mind should maximise airflow for unencumbered breathing and guarantee the air quality with the beneficial effects of the added oxygen.

I reckon that a MSRP of 100-150£ should be feasible with oxygen recharges costing about 3£. One recharge should be enough to boost oxygen for about 3 hours during a normal runner's run (25 liters/minute breathing).

What do you think?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I wouldn't want to run with extra oxygen. The estimated sale price seems quite low.

I've been tempted to buy one of these for outdoor swimming. https://www.decathlon.co.uk/easybreath-snorkel-mask-blue-id_8304664.html?_cclid=v3_f1cf2c99-d097-5f49-92a5-e7996e8526d6&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5cHbn-mv3AIVRLTtCh2Oig3YEAQYASABEgLvTfD_BwE I'm not sure about the concept of something similar providing oxygen as well. That strikes me as going too far.

In terms of running inventions, I'm probably not the target audience for expensive aids. I don't have a fancy sports watch and use Aldi trainers (which I find extremely comfortable). However, what would be of interest to me would be something to help keep me cool while running. EDIT: Cooling vests exist: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arctic-Heat-Sports-Cooling-Vest/dp/B01G3UD4J4/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_265_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=3RKQKRT4CQYVGD5XCJN6

1 - 4 of 4 Posts