Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, I am prepared to say I run.

When I started on the 5th April I was 18st 4 with an ideal weight of around 14st.

I managed 20 min on the Eliptical trainer and 30min walk on the treadmill.

Then I found this site and read about runwalking so at weekends I added 1min run/1min walk for 30 mins to the above.

Today I weigh 17st 4!

I did 30min on the trainer at level 3 of 5, a 30min walk/incline program on the trainer and for the first time I ran continually for 30 mins at 5 mph. I even managed to up the pace to 6.2 for the last 2 mins.

Suffice to say I am over the moon.

Giles

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wow a whole stone in a month, no wonder you are over the moon!
You'll be at your ideal weight in no time with all that hard work. Congratulations.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well done Giles.

A great achievement.

I`m sure here`s more to come........

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well done you:d Thats really great.:cool:

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the support folks.

I am so pleased I am tempted to do another session this evening, but I keep berating Mrs Hrun for overdoing it as I need recovery time ready for tomorrow.

Addictive this exercise thing :huh:

·
Registered
835 Posts
jammidodgr said:
Nice one Giles!

The only way is up ( a bit of a cliche i know but it is true)

J
Yeah, well done Giles, but with all the exercise you're doing the only way will be down (weight wise)!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny thing is the weight loss was a given to me.. Eat less crap + do more = Downsizing

The bit that has astounded me most was the fact that I ran non stop for 1/2 an hour. When I started I could not imagine running at all and it was as much as I could do to complete the treadmill session walking without a break.

But here I am, a runner :eek:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Well done, both on the running and the weight loss :d (though I know just what you mean when you say it's the running that feels like the achievement to you :))

·
Registered
707 Posts
That's bloody awesome :) I'm really happy for you!! If you think this is good... just you wait, keep at it and you'll be reaping many more rewards :d WELL DONE!! :d

·
Registered
143 Posts
Great work. Always good to see someone do so well and have loads of enthusiasm as a result.

Keep the great feeling of achievement in mind as you progrtess as it will get harder and harder to shift the pounds the more you progress. When this happens you will really need to focus on diet just as much if not more than exercise to reach your goals imo.

All the best

SJ

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Briliant news Hrun keep up the good work :d

1 - 20 of 22 Posts