Runners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am still on the treadmill but I have felt recently a difficulty in overcoming my 30 min/5K daily run.

Today, aware that I cannot run tomorrow due to work, I got to 30 mins and felt good so I kept going. At 40 mins I did the same and again until I reached the magic 10K in around an hour.

I am so thrilled as from a standing start I can run for an hour and have lost 2 stone. Onwards and upwards :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,297 Posts
Hrun said:
Okay, I am still on the treadmill but I have felt recently a difficulty in overcoming my 30 min/5K daily run.

Today, aware that I cannot run tomorrow due to work, I got to 30 mins and felt good so I kept going. At 40 mins I did the same and again until I reached the magic 10K in around an hour.

I am so thrilled as from a standing start I can run for an hour and have lost 2 stone. Onwards and upwards :)
Thats terrific ! well done for the weight loss and the running;) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,495 Posts
Fantastic running H.

It`s the kind of run that can really give you the lift we all need somtimes to push on to another level again.

Brilliant.

Keep it up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
*claps*

Nice work centurion...

Keep it up! :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,089 Posts
Fantastic stuff... have a celebratory cream cake! (mmmmmmmm..... cream cakes.... <drools>)

Still, part of me hoped this thread may have been computer game related :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Well done! I am aiming to be able to do 10K at some point, - will be over an hour as running at 9.5kpm on the treadmill, but still. Its a good feeling when you pass those little milestones and you think your going to be tired but your not! :d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Weebie2008 said:
Well done! I am aiming to be able to do 10K at some point, - will be over an hour as running at 9.5kpm on the treadmill, but still. Its a good feeling when you pass those little milestones and you think your going to be tired but your not! :d
It is so not important how long it takes, it is the fact that you achieve it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
WOW great stuff, keep it going!

Im aiming to run 5k every otehr day atm :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mrstimpson said:
WOW great stuff, keep it going!

Im aiming to run 5k every otehr day atm :)
I aim for 5K a day, but usually end up with a couple of enforced rest days a week due to work and other commitments. The 10K was a first which is why I have shouted about it a little.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I've jsut got back on my run I was inspired by your mile stone and squeezed out another 1 mile.. :) thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mrstimpson said:
I've jsut got back on my run I was inspired by your mile stone and squeezed out another 1 mile.. :) thank you
I am worried I am starting to sound really experienced and I am not but...

Congrats! Don't thank me, first thank yourself for the determination and second the guys that run this site for the community.

Me, I am having a rest day and a bottle of wine, so not so inspirational :cool:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top