Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first proper run, I haven't run in 15 years since I was in school!:p

I did 1.6 miles/2.6KM miles in about 15 minutes, any good? lol! I am doing a 5k in June.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
sounds absaolutely fine a gradual build up to the distance you ARE!!going to achieve

is a tried and tested method it'll also mean you have less chance of picking up an injury!!

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Don't get too caught up with your times Jing... there will always be plenty of people both faster and slower than you.

But in terms of progressing towards your goal? Sounds like you're doing fine, and as cheriton says, build up gradually and you'll be sure to make the 5k in June without any probs :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
Don't get too caught up with your times Jing... there will always be plenty of people both faster and slower than you.
couldn't agree more with that. No such thing as a bad run. The benefits of getting out there are many and getting off the sofa to do it is rewarding.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Jing
That's a great first run!! As a beginner don't worry about pace or distance too much. Just focus on the total time you are running. A gradual build-up will prevent over-trainng and injury. Have fun and good luck with your 5K race.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi jing yuo sound just like me. i hvaenet been running since i left school which is 15 years ago. i used to run for my school and was good at some point. now i am trying to train for a 5 km fun run. i have been out running a couple of times with my brother. who is very good at running. he is diong the edinburgh marathon next month. i surpose you could say i am lucky to have someone to help me train. i am giong to jion my local running club next week which my brother is in. good luck with your 5km.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts