Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out for a jog tonight in the pouring rain (I was determined that the crap weather wasnt going to put me off) and I loved it! I must have looked like a lunatic plodding along like a drowned rat with a huge smile on my face!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
If you're mad then so am I, as I love "rain running" too!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Raining heavy here too. But still went for a run. It's good to run in the rain it cools you down. Must admit you do get funny looks:p

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I planned to do a nice easy 10k this afternoon, but ended up doing a 10 miler in pouring rain and wind. I loved it. It wasn't freezing, but I got very wet. Unfortunately, I can't dry out my shoes outside because my balcony is drenched and it is still raining.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
love running in the rain :d

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I really enjoy running in the rain only thing is I wear glasses and have to run without them when it's raining.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I went for a run in the rain yesterday and loved the whole experience, even managed to better my time. Almost feels like you're closer to nature!!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
My wife thought me barking when she told me that it was going to rain all day and I would get soaked on my run, and I said I was looking forward to it.

She was even more convinced of my loss of grip on sanity when I got back and was hacked off because despite threatening there wasn't a spot of rain for the whole 5 miles :((

In the words of Ian Astbury ... I Love The Rain :lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Seems to be commonplace amongst forumites lately! I have to agree that I enjoy, and probably run better in the rain... I get the feeling of being closer to nature, and that because I'm running in the rain, i'm more 'free'... nature is in full flow and it can't stop me running :d

Well, it feels that way at least - I know ol' mother nature could manage a lot worse if she wanted!

Running in the floods last year, bounding through water halfway up my shins flying past the queues of traffic - that had to be one of my best runs ever! :d

1 - 11 of 11 Posts