Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where i can some people to run with, other than a running club - They scare me!!! im in bristol, cheers

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Why do runing clubs scare you mrrunner have you had a bad experience? I joined a running club 12 months ago I'm not particularly fast I'm a little overweight (I was a lot more overweight then) and there are people at my club who are slower than me.

If we can't convinve you that a club is the way to go there is a website called something like running buddies or something like that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
heyyyy

i know your pain.

i used to have my best mate jog with me for 2 years until he broke his knee and cant jog anymore :(

Have you no friends that you could convince to start being healthy again?

My buddy was my mp3 player when i was alone, but then i slowly got my brother into it. Its hard to jog with him, even though he is progressing superbly!, as he is at a different level to me. But slowly but surely he will be jogging just as fast or maybe even faster than me !

theres plenty of people around, or jog alone!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I know what you mean ive been looking for a running buddy for a while, i started a running group a couple of weeks ago but thats stopped for the summer which i thought was pretty strange and i didnt get chance to get to know anyone that well to get a phone number so i could ring them when i wanted to run. Ive put my details on a website called running together but no one has replied. I definately need someone now to motivate me and push me more. I need to run more miles but i cant get out until after 6.30 at nite and i only do 3 miles coz i dont like the people hanging around later at nite if i had a partner i'd be able to carry on safely.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Work

Is there anyone where you work who might want a gentle lunch hour run? I started on my own and now after six months there are a regular half a dozen of us who meet up for a lunch time run and social

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thats a great idea but unfortunately i dont work at a very big place so it wouldnt work for me. Funnily enough i see a woman running along a place called Trafford Park where i work and ive always thought she was very brave, its full of hgv drivers etc so she probably gets lots of stick.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Stotty said:
Thats a great idea but unfortunately i dont work at a very big place so it wouldnt work for me. Funnily enough i see a woman running along a place called Trafford Park where i work and ive always thought she was very brave, its full of hgv drivers etc so she probably gets lots of stick.
...or a lot of "encouragement"!;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have similar reservations regarding joining a club. I still consider myself a cyclist really even though running much much more than cycling; since moving to Colchester have been disappointed in my experience of cycling clubs so even more reluctant to go to a running club.

Can anyone point me to a not-particularly-competitive-just want-to-enjoy-running club in the Colchester area?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hi ab1, not sure where you are near colchester but im north in Brightlingsea and iv still not got around to joining a club myself, even though i know i should for my own benefit and motivation. I moved here 18 months ago from thurrock so still not over familiar with the areas around, but getting there.
Great Bentley running club is the one that has been recommended to me, has a good reputation, friendly and you dont have to attend every wed if you dont want to, with other runs on a weekend www.gbrc.org.uk is the website.
It may be to far from you so not much use but its worth a look at. Hope i could be of some help Hayley

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Hayley, I live in central Colchester so Gt Bentley certainly do-able. Just need to get round to it now.......

Happy running

1 - 11 of 11 Posts