Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to announce to the world that I ran an entire 2 mile route without stopping or feeling like I was going to die from exploding lung syndrome.

It took me nearly half an hour to do it, I don't know the exact times because I really don't want to get into that yet. After it I felt great! Chuffed with myself for completing and impressed with my progress.

I know its not far compared to some but I couldn't run across a football field when I started.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
That's fantastic news Taurus - you have every right to feel proud!!! You say 'it may not seem like much to some' but we all had to start from the beginning at some point so can relate exactly to how you feel.

It's great to be able to see measurable progress like that - I think you deserve a treat in celebration ;)

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Fabulous! Great feeling isn't it.

I don't think anyone forgets the first run. And shouting about it is good, it motivated people who are almost there.

Faster and further....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, I even converted it. Its 3.2km. I'll be back out again shortly, improvement is definately an insentive to do more.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well done. The feeling is immense isnt it?. Hold onto that and remember during your lows that the feeling will come back at 5k, 10k or whatever you work towards.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Great going Taurus keep up the good work :d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Brilliant Taurus.

Your right to be proud of yourself.

Marathon Fool.

We want to know when you do your first 2 miles.

It wont be long now,I`m sure.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have been rubbish since I did that run! I have been out but its been so humid which I find really hard. I have been doing 1.5 miles so I'm not beating myself up over it. I'm hoping for a cracking good storm to clear the air so I can get to it again.

I have bought a bike too. Went out for a ride a couple of days ago. Hats off to those Du/Tri-atheletes. Getting off a bike and then running!! I tried, not a chance. I was walking like a wooden top, literally went round the block running and walking.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts