Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I've managed to run a whole 5km! (well slightly more than that, it was about 3.2miles) and it took me 36 minutes and 35 seconds :d

I swear the whole town heard me screaming with joy when I made it to the end of trailway this morning and I must have looked a sight walking home all sweaty and red with a lunatic grin plastered across my face! The best bit was I didnt suffer with my aching knee, in fact no aching anywhere.

Bring on the half marathon next August!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm very sleepy now 5 hours after my run, I'm guessing my body will get used to this in time?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I remember when 5k runs used to knacker me like that, now the 3. odd miles is more of a jog, and only feel tired after 10 milers - so you will get used to it, I expect, but will get tired the next few times you run it, then you can start adding a few k's.

Good running well done :d

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Well done Lizzy!

As Roadrunnerrob said, you'll stop feeling so tired after a few weeks of running the distance - its just a matter of letting your body get used to running that far.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had to go back to bed for 2 hours this afternoon! this has better get easier!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Well done Lizzy. :d I had the same sort of experience on Friday morning. Feels good does it not?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Fantastic stuff Lizzy... and yes the afternoon tiredness will get better, but I always find there's something so nice about an afternoon snooze at the weekend :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
It wasn't just your local town that heard you Lizzie..I heard you from over here!!

Well done...good on yer!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well done! I'm up to about 5k know before i need a bit of a rest, albeit on a treadmill which is a bit easier. It's suprising what the human body can do when it's pushed, when i started running i could barely do 1k before panting and wheezing!

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Well done Lizzy and Cheeks, your both doing great. Before you know it you will be pulling of 10k or more and wondering why you found 5k so hard :)

The best bit is the good feeling you get just continues everytime you get a new distance.....enjoy your sleep though, listen to your body, if it needs a snooze, who are you to stop it :)

O.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts