Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a pretty depressing 18 months where despite running virtually every day, I managed to gain a pound a month. It was a mix of poor diet and ‘lazy’ slow 4 milers.

Along came the lockdown and during the initial 2 weeks I milked my allotted 60 mins to rack up some good 6 milers, then kicked on to a more strategic 3 runs per week, but a mix of 7 to 9 miles.

My question is how to protect this progress but kick on again? Are things working because I’m always having 3 or 4 days rest days a week? Should I mix it up and maybe doing consecutive shorter days again? Would an easy 3 or 4 miler be more beneficial than a day off between two 9 milers?

I’m 37, 5 ft 10, but weighing in at 13 st 10 so still a fair bit over my target race weight of 13 stone max, or ideally 12 st 10.

I now dare to dream of getting back down to 12 stone as I was around 28!!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Others may individually have a different experience but, generally, running is not a brilliant way of controlling weight. Indirectly, your other habits potentially work better. I'm thinking of cutting out fatty and sugary artificial snacks, preparing more healthy food from scratch and eating healthily generally.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts