Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've achieved alot over the last 9 months. After 15 years of boozing and eating I've finally got fit! So far this year I've done loads of 10k's and 3 half marathons. However, after on-going lower back pain after long runs I considered that perhaps running was not for me. But then I was SAVED!!!! SAVED by the ALMIGHTY POWER OF STRETCHING! [email protected]@@@@G HELL does it work! Although my back still feels a little fuzzy after training, I find that I can stretch it all out within a matter of 20 minutes hard core stretching.

I've had a dicky right knee aswell and low and behold along with physio, stretching helps that aswell!

Stretching! Is there nothing it can't do?

Newby!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
If you stretch your Lazy arse out of the chair H you mikght just be able to get the kettle on. Coo and two while you're at it!

·
Registered
835 Posts
..............Stretching! Is there nothing it can't do?

Newby!
Get these flaming kids out of bed on their first day back...COME ON!

<sips tea while WWIII erupts him>

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Glad it`s working for you Newby.

·
Registered
835 Posts
First day back not going well then Scr8pe?
Not so bad in the end.. once the rockets had been inserted!

They're good girls really, it's just difficult to appreciate it at that hour in the morning!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Would be really interested to know what your stretches were for your Lower Back Pains mate.
I've been struggling now for about 5 months. Physio said it was posture, complete waste of my time, and money.

Any stretches gratefully receieved, please PM me.

Regards
Tim

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
For my sciatica I was instructed to do the following:

Stand facing a wall, elbows at 90 deg and palms on the wall. Raise your heels off the ground keeping your back straight as if you are being pulled up by a thread attached to your spine. Repeat....

Apparently this exercises a muscle at the base of your spine and is about the only thing that works this muscle.

I also had to lie on my front and push up with my arms leaving my hips on the floor. Lastly lie on my back with my knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Then rock my knees from side to side.

I had to repeat each 20 times forever although I admit that now my back is better I only do them if it gets worse again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts