Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:d Decided to see how far it was to the sea this morning (2.2 miles BTW) and set of at what I thought was a reasonable pace.

5K later I had a fastest mile of 7' 50" and a 5K time of 24' 45" :eek:

I was also 5K from home and the return was not as quick. :embarrassed: I can't count it as a 10K as I stopped for a breather by the sea before heading back.

PS. Mrs Hrun walk/ran 5K last night and has lost 1/2 stone, I am incredibly proud of her.

·
Registered
353 Posts
FANTASTIC...............................you both should be proud of yourselves :d

Is the feeling great? Bet you couldnt believe it. Think you should enter a race now. Obviously a natural.

Well done Mrs Hrun too

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
That's a fantastic time. You know, when you get down to your ideal weight you will be super fast. When I was 16 stone I don't think I could have even completed a mile, let alone run a 7 minute one. Keep on running :p

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
umm.

It wasn't a 7 minute min, it was 10 seconds short of an 8 min mile, downhill, with a following wind and I might of farted :embarrassed:

Where I think I score is that I am 6' 2" and have quite a long stride. I am surprising myself as I hated running as a youngster.

@ Smiler. As I said somewhere, watch this space ;)

@ Dimple. That is what this site is all about, support

·
Registered
634 Posts
Good stuff Hrun - Your progress is amazing and as JB said, imagine what your times will be like when you get down to your ideal weight.:cool:

I always enjoy reading your posts - your enthusiasm for running is inspirational.

Not wanting to put a dampner on your progress but you seem to be clocking up new milestones at an alarming rate - I just remember when I started (just over a year ago) that I got a lot of niggly injuries by pushing myself too far too soon (after 15 years being a lazy b**tard I suddenly thought I was Seb Coe...:embarrassed:). So don't forget to throw in the odd easy week into your running schedule.;)

Good luck and Congrats to Mrs Hrun aswell:)

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know where you are coming from.

I think the thing is they are small milestones which I make far to much fuss over. I had a rest day last night and a few beers now, so I am far from perfect.

It is fun achieving new levels

·
Registered
634 Posts
I don't agree that you make too much fuss over your milestones and (not wanting to be argumentative:embarrassed: ) I also don't think they are small milestones. You're proud of what you've achieved (and with good reason). (I'm starting to use brackets far too often aren't I...:embarrassed:)

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
I don't agree that you make too much fuss over your milestones and (not wanting to be argumentative:embarrassed: ) I also don't think they are small milestones. You're proud of what you've achieved (and with good reason). (I'm starting to use brackets far too often aren't I...:embarrassed:)
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((No your not ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))):d

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
(((((((((( Thanks ))))))))))

To me they are huge. I think a fall into the all or nothing trap. Also we have a family get together in September and I have heard my brother is getting fitter on the instructions of his good lady.

Great motivator, sibling rivalry, I am dammed if he is going to turn up as the fit one :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts