Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Am 28, overweight, and am looking to running to help me shed the pounds.

Have worked with sports related websites for a few years now so thought it would be a good idea to actually try something active! Most of my colleagues are beanpole racing snakes.

Am hoping that I won't make too much of a fool of myself.

PCM

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Good stuff!! Get yourself some running shoes n hit the roads/pavements/hills/fields/trails... whatever! I see people of all shapes n sizes out running and I wouldn't call one of them a fool for a second! The fools are the ones at home sitting on their jacksy's (spelling?!) doing nothing :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
What are you doing on the sofa making this thread?!
Get running!

(Welcome to the forum, future beanpole running snake :) )

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
That's the hardest part over :p well ....... apart from getting out of the door, I don't think I'll ever look like a beanpole racing snake but I can testify to shedding a few pounds since running.

Good luck (Make sure you have a decent pair of trainers)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Welcome PCM. :d

Running at any level on a regular basis will provide you with the weight loss and fitness that you hope to achieve. Good Luck.

Why not run with your colleagues for support along the way.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome PCM I'm no beanpole either but running has definatley changed my shape and obviously my fitness so give it a go it cant do any harm. Let us all know how you get on. Outdoor exercise is the best i love it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Welcome PCM (dare I ask about the name.....maybe best not!)

Runners come in all shapes and sizes, some very serious, some just to get fitter and enjoy themselves (yes it can be enjoyable, took me a while, thought you had to be mad to run, then I got hooked!) Take it slowly, don't attempt too much too soon, find your own pace to begin with. I still maintain a healthy diet of currys and Jack Daniels along with the odd salad and wholegrain foodstuff.

Keep us posted on your progress, however small it seems, you 'will' see a difference!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts