Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Any run over 15 miles I have a cold bath.
Not ice... but c c c cold water, and at this time of the year it is blimmin freezin!

It's worth it though...I did 20 on Sunday, had a 20 minute cold bath after followed by a warm shower and my legs are fine...no aches at all :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yep, really like them. I have one after an intervals session, seems to really speed up recovery. I used to struggle the run after an intervals session, and ice baths have made it much easier now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies guys, I didn't realise the use of ice baths was so widespread and effective. I'll have to start taking them after a hard session.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've not had ice, but like trinity had a cold water bath. I think it works, not got huge experience to compare it with though.

I've had a couple in the summer after long runs. I tried last weekend after a long run but wimped out straight after I put my feet in the water, too cold :eek: !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Used to live near the sea so dipped in there after a run. Now have to have a cold bath after a long run. Really helps the shins which can burn a bit after a long run.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
hammerite... c'mon, if I can do it I'm sure you can too!!

I usually stay in for 20 minutes... absolute minimum of 15. It's not so bad with a jumper on, mug of hot choc and a few games on the mobile

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've tried it, but I'm too much of a wimp to get in - it makes my feet sore. Apart from wearing wet suit booties, any suggestions?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Trinity said:
hammerite... c'mon, if I can do it I'm sure you can too!!

I usually stay in for 20 minutes... absolute minimum of 15. It's not so bad with a jumper on, mug of hot choc and a few games on the mobile
It gives me terrible flash backs of Tough Guy though Trin!! (could've been a good method for training for it though!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts