Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being diagnosed with stress fractures in both tibias and having 12 weeks of doing upper body and boring old cross trainer plus a bit of swimming and walking I've finally been given the all clear to start running again. It was so demoralising to go for my weekly 4 mile walk and have runners passing me especially when I had my running gear on!

So I've started my marathon training plan for the New Forest marathon in September and the quack says as long as I don't go mad and run only for 20 minutes at a time (three times a week) for the first few weeks I should be back on track. I've bought some decent sports insoles for my trainers as I over-pronate something chronic and I'm trying to run only twice a week on the road plus once on the treadmill :d and also wherever possible keep to the grass verges/tracks.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Welcome back Cheryl.

Can`t imagine how frustrating the last few months must have been.

Good luck with the new training programme,and I`m sure all will go well in September.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really an old or nothing type of girl!

I told the doc what my plans were and he said that should be fine. I'm following Hal Higdon's novice training plan (I did the Intermediate last year) - I thought it was best to take a step back in the circumstances.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts