Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that anyone noticed I'd gone but my computers been out of action for ... I can't remember how long really, i just got used to it not working, but its been months.

Anyway, in the time I've not been posting on jere I've gone out and bought some sports socks :p .

I also ran 4k in under 16 minutes (I was hoping to do it in under 20) in a santa suit in december, my one and only race since leaving school. I haven't come close to 16 minutes since.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Welcome back Thumbs.

Nice 4k time.

What`s next for you then ?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Welcome back Thumbs, congratulations on the race, 10K on the way now ? :d

Dave - Last night was nothing more than a distraction ! :asleep:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Richard, if I ever knock 4 minutes off a goal time again I'll be stunned! I think it was an adrenaline rush or something because I thought I was struggling to get below 20 minutes at the end. I don't know whether I should start running with a watch - it might slow me down!
]
I'm thinking of a 10k in february, but I've only run 4 times in the last 4 weeks and totalled about 15 miles! I think I might run the 10k anyway but keep my expectations low.

I've got some work to do before I consider joining a club again - I went once and then turned my ankle and by the time I was confident again the bad weather and dark nights had started!

I'm going to the gym tonight and I'll see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts