Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola!

I don't want to be one of those guys who just posts loads just to promote their blog. So I will try and justify it with some waffle.

I have been running 3x5k a week for nearly a year. I thought that I should step it up quite a bit and I read in a magazine that blogging was all the rage. I'm hip, I'm cool...ish, so I thought I would kick start my new training with a blog. So I pumped out my first post, and I just wasn't receiving any love.

My main aim is to get some regular viewers to visit my blog. I suppose I'm begging for tips really and no doubt, like always, I've missed the obvious. My blog is runitalloff.blogspot.com , so if you spot any obvious flaws don't hesitate to tell me.

Adios Amigos

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Read the blog......I guess you have done the important thing which was to take a look at yourself/life and take a proactive positive step to seek improvement....good for you!

I'd advise that you give your self small targets to aim for..ones that are achievable...and not to push yourself too hard as if you do so you'll pick up an injury.

You should vary your running...do short faster runs, medium steady runs and longer but very slow runs. Add in some speed/hill work in time...not yet. When you are feeling up to it find a local running, not athletic, club to join....it's much easier to train with others.

Probably most important of all is to ensure you are wearing the right shoes....will cost a few bob but well worth it.

All the best...look forward to hearing about your entry into the world of racing soon!!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hi there, i have read your blog too. Good on you for changing your life around a bit. The running will help you get fit as well as make you feel better about yourself and more energetic.
From what i read your find that once you start taking more care for yourself and in turn feeling more confident happier with your body this will in turn send out good vibes to others.
Your find then you will attract more company. Keep it up and dont be deterred if you have a bad day hayley

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
keep up the good work jammy.

Just one thing.

To be a Good member of this Forum you must go back to at least 25 units of booze a week........

More if possible..................:d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Dave said:

Just one thing.

To be a Good member of this Forum you must go back to at least 25 units of booze a week........

sshh......don't let everyone know!:p

·
Registered
21 Posts
I echo Steve's advice to take it easy - I have been in a similar position to you weight-wise in the past, and I know that when the willpower kicks in it's really tempting to go hell for leather.. but, I can assure you, there's nothing more likely to send you back into the depths of pie-eating hell than a good dose of shin-splints or other 'fun' overuse injury..

If you're looking for more exposure for your blog, every time you post a new entry stick a link to it on my site (see the link in my signature) - you'll get a few more running types your way!

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Dave said:

Just one thing.

Im also then a good forum member, this weekend ill be on it all day celebrating my bday, so i guess more like 50units for me :eek:
Ill run today but then wont get a chance till tues, dont know why that bothers me slightly:huh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts