Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:)

I have just joined having just signed up to do Race for Life in four weeks.... only problem is that I haven't run any distance since I was at school and that was a while ago.

I am starting gradually and have a running buddy who is joining me in the race.

Just wanted to say hello and hope to get some top tips. Am off tomorrow to buy some decent running trainers as I think it will help with my aching arches.

Bing Bunny
x

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Welcome Bing Bunny :)

It usually goes a little quiet in the forum over the weekend by the way.

Enjoy your new shoes shopping ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there - I did the race for life last Sunday - it is such a fab expreience - you get carried away with the atmosphere! I managed it in 36 minutes, not brilliant but I was pleased!
Good luck xx

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Fluffycloud1977 said:
Hi there - I did the race for life last Sunday - it is such a fab expreience - you get carried away with the atmosphere! I managed it in 36 minutes, not brilliant but I was pleased!
Good luck xx
36 mins not bad at all...RFL not about times anyway.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hello bunny and good luck with the training. Well done fluffycloud - once you've done one of these races they seem to get under your skin and you want to do it again. Are you going to race again??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the warm welcome:d

Got some trainers, have just got back in from a run/walk:embarrassed: I feel absolutely knackered and was only out for 15 minutes.

Bing Bunny
x

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi and welcome to runners forum. Best of luck in your race. Make sure you have had a decent carb meal the night before and pace yourself.

Matt

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! *waves*

I hope you manage to stick with running once the race for life has passed, but best of luck for the event regardless :d

1 - 13 of 13 Posts