Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Laura, 29yo and have been running on and off for quite a while now. Having ran middle distances in school, I discovered the pleasure of running off road once I moved to North East England and now do 80% of my running training off road- there's no comparison between pounding the pavement and leaping over bogs and rocks for me!:happy:
I've just entered my first adventure races for Feb and March 09 so it's just a matter of starting the bike training- hmmm- might need to get a bike first! :idea:
Anyway, this seems like a very friendly place to discuss one of our favourite things and I look forward to hearing different opinions on lots of topics. :cool:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hello there Floralora

Good luck with your training :p

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Hi Laura!

Blimey rocks and bogs! Sounds like a lot to contend with! I find it fun, but squelchy trainers really slow me down (mentally fustrating when you want to get faster!) But good luck with it!! :)

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
There's no comparison between pounding the pavement and leaping over bogs and rocks for me!:happy::
Welcome to the Forum, and glad to know there's someone as mad as me about the delights of off-road running. Nowadays all my running is off-road, mainly on the moors of North Yorkshire, but with occasional forays into the mountains. You can't beat it. Enjoy!
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Hello to you :) hoping to get involved in more X country myself this winter. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Floralora
I'm a newbie here too and these guys are great, and funny too. Just dip into some old threads and you'll see. I'd like to get off road I think but I'm still new to running and I'm all puffed out and ready to head home before I'm anywhere near somewhere exciting. The places are there but my stamina isn't... yet.
Welcome aboard x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the Forum, and glad to know there's someone as mad as me about the delights of off-road running. Nowadays all my running is off-road, mainly on the moors of North Yorkshire, but with occasional forays into the mountains. You can't beat it. Enjoy!
Cheers!
Oh, that's interesting. I run round Roseberry/Captain Cooks/Kildale- are you anywhere near? I'm dying to do a loop from Hutton Village to the Wainstones and back but I think that might be later in the year when I've got a few more miles under the belt!

Squint- I quite enjoy a nibble now and again. :lol:
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Oh, that's interesting. I run round Roseberry/Captain Cooks/Kildale- are you anywhere near? I'm dying to do a loop from Hutton Village to the Wainstones and back but I think that might be later in the year when I've got a few more miles under the belt! .
I'm in a different corner of North Yorkshire. I do most of my running in the Yorkshire Dales around Grassington/Hebden/Burnsall, where I'm based with my partner, but with occasional forays into the Lakeland hills, Scottish Munros and the Alps. Don't really know your area, except Roseberry Topping sticks out like a sore thumb on the Lyke Wake walk, or when we drive to the North Yorks coast. There's some wonderful country round there. We've run most of the undulating coast path between Whitby and Staithes. All very bracing and invigorating when there's a stiff breeze off the sea.
Cheers!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts