Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I damaged a quad about a month ago and rested for a couple of weeks before injuring it again playing cricket :( This is really sad :(

There may be some level of sympathy out there in Cyberspaceland but my misfortune may bring joy to a part of it because there is no way I'm going to be able to run in the Northumberland coastal race on 20th July this year even though I have a number; as far as I'm concerned the first person who wants it that sends me a personal message with an address can have the number for free; I've asked for a medium t-shirt. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
That's such a shame to hear thumbs... though take it steady and you'll soon be back on the road. There's been a number of races I've had to miss this year through surgery that I'd been especially looking forward to, but you just have to remember that there's plenty of other races, and there's always next year too!

Without wanting to sound like a miserable fart; regarding your entry, it might be worth contacting the race organisers regarding a number swap with someone - health and safety and all that "what happens if...." :embarrassed:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Take care Thumbs... stick to running in future, that cricket is a dangerous game! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
That's such a shame to hear thumbs... though take it steady and you'll soon be back on the road. There's been a number of races I've had to miss this year through surgery that I'd been especially looking forward to, but you just have to remember that there's plenty of other races, and there's always next year too!

Without wanting to sound like a miserable fart; regarding your entry, it might be worth contacting the race organisers regarding a number swap with someone - health and safety and all that "what happens if...." :embarrassed:
That's just taking masochism too far, RS:eek:! Looking forward to surgery?! View attachment 542

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
It got me two weeks off work! :) Sadly that was about the only positive :(

I really should read through what I've typed before posting it :embarrassed:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Sorry to hear that Thumbs, hope you get back running soon !!

Who do you play Cricket for and what sort of standard ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just scraping into a team that didn't win a single game last season. I won't advertise the embarrassment by broadcasting the name of the club.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The voice of reason; ok, I'll do it properly and you DO sound like a miserable fart whether you want to or not ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone have any advice on how long I should rest?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts