Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have been running 4-6 months now. I have got up to three sessions a week which last 30 minutes each. The best distance I have done in that time was 3 miles, last Friday. I am now adding an extra 20 minuter per week. What would you say is the best way to proceed/what should I be aiming for? No particular races to train for but would like to join a running club and most of them go for an hour. I really want to join one but dont feel I can run for an hour yet nor doing 9 minute miles which is the slowest category in most of the ones I've looked at. I'm in the Tyne and Wear area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there - i am a bit like you and i had my first training night last night with a local running club. They were really friendly and made me feel welcome. They had a chat with me regarding my ability and goals. There were quite a few runners there of all different abilities and i was grouped with runners similair to me. It went really well and i have the bug. Even went for a pint afterwards !!!:d
Use the forum or click on clubs tab above and see if you can get a running club rather than an athletic club. Running clubs tend to be less serious and social.
Go for it.:)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Don't worry about pace times so much. Most clubs have a beginners section and runners of all abilities will attend.
If you are doing 3 miles in 30 mins. on your own, I bet you will not be the slowest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts