Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend and I have registered to do the London Duathlon as a relay. He'll do the cycling and I'll do the running.

I'm worried I've let myself in for too much though. I've only done one 5k race before as I'm new to all of this - this time I'll be doing the 10k and the 5k. I'm looking forward to building up to do the 10k, but I don't know if I'll recover enough in the half hour or so break to do the 5k aswell. It's in September - have I really left myself enough time?

After the 5k, I got really slack, so I took the plunge on Sunday and treated myself to some running shoes and my boyfriend is coming up with a training plan for me, with some help from runnersworld.

Is it possible for me to do it? I'm not bothered about the time really, although I'd like to do the 10k in under an hour...

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
If you're not too worried about time and just want to do it for the experience I think you could cope with it, if you follow a good schedule, you need to jump in to action straight away though :eek:

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. :d

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope I can do it. I'm trying to get used to my shoes, so I did a mile on Sunday, a mile on Monday with a bit of cross training and I did just over 3km last night. This has all been on the treadmill though as there's been a spate of muggings/stabbings in my area recently, so I was going to wait until Saturday to go out when I can travel to one of the parks. I know this doesn't sound great, but I had a really bone idle few weeks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts