Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've recently started running again and I've set a goal of running 7 Miles in 90 minutes (interval). I've ben making some great progress lately and now I'm going to have one and a half month off which I will use to ameliorate my running. I have enough time and discipline so i thought: what would be better for my training increase the freqeuncy (by running every day instead every two days) and later on increase the distance or to keep increasing the distance that i run?

Any advice would be appreciated

Tom

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
ok, that wasn't a very helpful post...

if you are new i would stick to very short distaces at the start and trying to run four to five times every week and the keep at it...

once you have got into the habbit of running four to five times a week you may want to have a bit more structure...

a basic plan would be something like:

1 long run (slow pace)
3 standard runs (regular pace)
1 shorter run (fast pace)

you can chose the distances you want to do...

it doesn't need to be complicated or structured... i normally try to do one at least long run and one shorter faster run a week so it is a similar plan to mine...

it is good to get out and about and find a couple of routes you like to run and you can keep doing these... when you have a couple of set routes in your mind to follow you can track your progress and improvements over time...

good luck!

·
Registered
664 Posts
I hesitate to disagree with Trin who is a way more experienced runner than me (though younger of course) - but unless I'm misunderstanding your post you are currently running every two days, that is fine in terms of frequency, I wouldn't increase that. You don't say what distances you are running in training. You will find loads of training plans for 10k as a distance (6.2 miles) which would allow you to progress well towards your target for 7 miles.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Without going in to too much detail I would increase your weekly mileage to give yourself a decent endurance base, then when you've less time to run you can work more on speed in shorter sessions ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts