Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m new to the forum today and after reading through the various discussions thought I’d join as thought id pick up some tips. I have been jogging for over a year now just for fun and fitness really but I don’t know a lot about it or how I should train to improve. My sister is my jogging buddy most nights and we do various 3 mile circuits. We are very ambitious and have decided to do the London Marathon in 2008! With this as our goal I have decided to step up our training programme but due to her having a baby she is limited on times and days. My question really is to ask if anyone knows of an informal club I could join in Blackpool? There is one club on this site on the link but it looks very formal and professional! I know with winter coming I will not go jogging on my own and I do not want to get on a boring treadmill.
Also, considering we only jog 3 miles regularly (10K most ever done) and we want to run a marathon are we best to steadily increase the distance?
Thanks for any help in advance :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
running club in blackpool

hello, i know you posted this a long time ago but did you ever find a running club in blackpool other than the blackpool wyre and fydle athletics club (it does seem a bit too professional for me)?

thanks kairen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts