Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am in week 3 of couch to 5k and hit a bit of a snag. A few years ago I got shin splints and haven't run until the beginning of this year. I am running with asics trainers as suggested by my physio several years ago and did have sorbothane insoles. During this time, I started getting what felt like shin cramp and also right inner knee pain and also inner ankle pain.

I have bought some proper mouldable orthotics and the shin pain is gone, however my inner left ankle is so sore. Its not along my foot but around the ankle and almost right on top of the bone at the top.

Is anyone able to guide me as to what this is, as right now seeing a physio isn't possible with the way the world is.

I thought it might be posterior tibial tendinitis but it doesn't seem to be in the right area? It is definitely ankle pain and not foot or shin pain.

Many thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello @Lensgirl . There is no value in guessing what this issue is, you need a physio. While you cannot visit one now, you can get a virtual session which could be nearly as effective as a physical visit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts