Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain the difference between the flyroc and the rocklites ranges? I've worked out that the mudclaw's are effectively fell shoes but can't really tell the diff between the above two.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi there,
The Inov site itself gives a breakdown of the different shoes, Inov-8 Products Footwear Range , with a search facility for terrain type, activity, outsole or technical features. I think the difference you are interested in is the outsole, as far as I'm aware the flyroc and the roclite are two types of outsole.
I've just bought a pair of roclite 285s, had them about a month and they are very impressive. I love them. Just be wary of the sizing; I usually take a size 9 but had to go a half size up, and even then they are snug. But no denying I'm going much quicker than my old Adidas bricks. Not much cushioning though, my feet are wondering what the hell's going on!
They are also bright red, ideal for exhibitionists but maybe a bit loud for some tastes!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Richard,
Size 9 everything. I've slightly wide feet I guess, but nothing really erm, deformed! No, size nine for the adidas, nine for my nikes before that, nine for my work boots, shoes, the lot. I also came across a few comments on-line that the sizing was tight.
When I tried a pair of roclite 295s, they fitted well in a nine. As did a pair of roclite 315s. The 295s felt such a good shoe, I was really torn but ended up with the 285s. I've been hobbling round the house for the last few days trying to pretend to the wife that I really need a pair of 295s as well, but have been met with an implacable stare. How far off is Christmas?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
heheh... too far if you're receiving, not far enough if you're buying!!!

The only reason I asked is because it's perfectly normal to need running shoes bigger than everyday shoes... so don't be concerned that bigger sizes suited you better. My runners used to be a full size about my normal shoes, my most recent pair are only 1/2 a size bigger.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I take a size nine in a normal shoe, but always buy a 9.5 trainer.
I find if I buy a size 10 they tend to be a little to broad for me

·
Registered
683 Posts
Be very careful with those inov8 Terroc 350 trail shoes, I had some bad advice in buying these (it actually states these are for hard surfaces, absolute rubbish, in fact they caused a terrible injury which took over 6 months to heal from, If you must buy these shoes, only use them for mud running on very soft surfaces as they have little or NO cushioning at all, total fell running shoes, I use mine now for light walking only...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts