Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dan

Did a multi-terrain 10k this weekend. Loads of mud, clay, water, grass. I found it very slippy in my old New Balance Trail Shoes, but my mate, who just got some Inov8 mud claws got round much better, and beat me by some margin...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am running in Inov8's Roclite 315's. They are very comfortable and give loads of grip. Its my first pair of trail shoes and I used their matrix on the website to decide which sort to go for.

There's a growing movement in the outdoor scene to wear trail shoes rather than boots for long distance walking. Its about moving lightweight and accepting wet feet!

Dave

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ballibeg said:
There's a growing movement in the outdoor scene to wear trail shoes rather than boots for long distance walking. Its about moving lightweight and accepting wet feet!Dave
That's what I was thinking, I don't do that many trail races so it would be good to be able to use them for other stuff.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The Innov-8's have been getting a great response in the running shops, the grip is meant to be excellent.
I've actually got a pair of Adidas Swoops, the innov-8's didn't fit the shape of my foot. The grip and cushioning is very good so a good alternative

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mixed Terrain??

So I try to do 80% or so of my running offroad, I inevitably have to join up trails with road sections. I like the look of the Inov8 kit but do you guys that use them also have road sections in your run and are the shoes relatively comfotable on road?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I ran a recent off road race in a pair of adida supernova control trali shoes. The grip was really good but I was stumbling all over the place on the uneven ground and went over on my ankles a couple of time (fortunatley nothing serious). Now wondering if i might have been better off with something with a lower profile. I've also aggrevated the peristisis on my right shin as well.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
choldy said:
I like the look of the Inov8 kit but are the shoes relatively comfortable on road?
Like you, almost all of my running is off-road so I wear fell or Trail shoes exclusively. For fell-running I use studded New Balance RX Terrains but for trails, which sometimes includes a little bit of tarmac, I'm currently alternating between Inov8 Terrocs and Inov8 Roclites. I've only just acquired the Roclites. So far I'm quite impressed with the soft comfortable ride they give me, regardless of what surface I'm running on. They were recommended to me by various fell-running friends and also by long distance walkers who are happy to backpack the breadth of Scotland in them and claim to remain blister-free. The Terrocs give a harder ride and are not quite so comfortable on gravelly tracks, but I've raced in them up to 13½ miles with no problems.
Cheers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for that!

I might well go and try on a pair of Roclites, they sound as if they may well be a good way forward for me. thanks for the advice

·
Registered
13 Posts
Roclites

Not actually got them yet but they are definately on my shopping list, got a couple of hundred miles left in my Jazz shoes yet so need to wear them a bit thinner :d Do let me know how you get on though, nothing like some real life feedback to help make your mind up.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Ran the Lowther (½ marathon) Trail Run in Cumbria on Friday wearing my new Inov8 315 Roclites. They proved an excellent choice for the mixed terrain - road, farm tracks, fell and fields - and were comfortable throughout. In fact, I couldn't have chosen anything better. They suit my broader foot, and such is the style of the sole pattern that they're very quiet too - which suits a wily old fox like me because other runners don't hear me coming until it's too late!
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I see Inov8 everywhere. Great shoes with a wide range.
Brooks Cascadia is a good option if you need a bit more cushioning/support.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts