Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if the title is a bit misleading but whilst running yesterday we passed the Hemlock Stone, the Lightning Tree, No Man's Lane, The Nook and the Strawberry Fields. Made me wonder what interesting names other people went past on their runs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey great topic,

.... unfortunately the main landmarks I pass are burnt out cars, and loads of takeaways.... not to mention lots of gangs..... although occasionally I treat myself to a run over the Humber bridge which is quite a nice landmark.... although not such a great name...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I run through the Ironbridge Gorge in Shropshire, crossing over the worlds first ever Iron Bridge, (well over 200 years old) very impressive piece of engineering and very scenic,
Theres a race called the Ironbridge Half marathon that takes in this route, (takes place in March):)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do the Ironbridge too! And we have some good names - Coalbrookdale, Coalport, Jackfield - at least they were famous once...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I ran round the world xc course in Villamoura on Tuesday. Anyone that says it was flat is lieing!
Ran across the Charles bridge in Prague in December.
Hope to run strongly through the Brandenburg gate this autumn in the Berlin marathon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts