Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from forum newbies!

We're 10k, 10m and 1/2m runners - and will do a marathon maybe next year.

Anyway - we're fortunate to be taking some time out to travel Europe and would like to fit in the odd race. Not been able to find any. Are there any decent websites/databases with international races in?

We'll be in Netherlands then North Germany from Oct to mid Nov; then Spain and Portugal from Dec to mid Jan.

Ideas welcome, and also would apprecaite any website links.

This time out should give us time to distance train - hopefully we'll always be somewhere flat! loL!

THANKS!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks!

(Matrix fan? )

Amsterdam marathon is on when we're in Holland - but not ready for full marathon yet. Damn!

And a Frankfert marathon when we're in Germany! (And, erm, I'd need to google to see if Frankfurt is in north germany!!)

And nothing in Spain/Portugal when we're there! Damn!

Will bookmark the site though and keep checking it. Could do with the same list with shorter races in.:idea:

Edit: Doh - just saw avtar - bit of a giveaway.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Absolutely a Matrix fan :cool:

Amsterdam also have a half marathon. I'm doing the full, so could see you there!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I admit I got lost on the third Matrix.....

Amsterdam have a half? We looked ingamsterdammarathon.nl/ and didn't see any mention....

However a big dig out - and found it! Thanks for pushing!

Wow! That means we'll have to stay in Amsterdam for another few days ;) shame....

Silly question - do you know how long it takes to get numbers and stuff through? We'll be off, say, October 1st - so if its like UK races we won't get it in time....

Credit card ready.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like chip/number is collected beforehand - so that works well!

Really thanks for this Trinity! Its as if you saw us coming....

Blue pill and white rabbit?

See you there - we'll be camping somewhere :)

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
And a Frankfert marathon when we're in Germany! (And, erm, I'd need to google to see if Frankfurt is in north germany!!)
I ran Frankfurt last year and it's a great race - well organised, a flat course and it finishes indoors. They have loud music and lasers, so it's a bit like finishing in the middle of a rock concert.

Frankfurt is in the North West of Germany - map here.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers. Too close to the Amsterdam one - we vowed to have at least 2 weekend inbetween races after half killing ourselves last time...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll have finished by the time we start!
But we will be there - I'll hopefully do 1:36 ish and Mel 1:55 ish.
We'll be having a beer after :) (Apparently anything you eat/drink after a race doesn't count)

PS - *BUMP* - still seeking other 10k / 10m and 1/2m races in Europe !! Any databases/lists links most welcome!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts