Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

My name is Karen and I suppose I am fairly new to running. I say fairly new because I've done a few Race for Life runs and then this year I entered my first 10k run in May and I'm due to do my second 10k run this weekend. I try and fit in training 3 times a week but I find running in the gym really boring. I'd love to get involved with a running club - prefarably a womens club if anyone knows of one in the Oldham area.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Regards
Karen

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Karen

Welcome to RF.

Good luck with your race this weekend.

I can't help with the running club but have you tried to google running clubs in your area?

TT :d

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for you good wishes for the weekend, my last 10k time was 1hr 18mins and I was quite pleased with that as a first attempt but I'll be trying my best to get nearer the 1hr timing this weekend.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Good for you...and that would be a huuuuuuuge improvement!
Go for it!!

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Welcome to RF!
All the best for your run this weekend. Hope you get a new PB, I'm sure you will :)

Sorry I can't help with your other questions but I am sure someone may be able to help you.

O.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Welcome to the forum Karen :d

There's a 'clubs' section on this site that will give you an idea of some of the clubs in your area :) failing that, check out the UK Athletics website, well worth joining one if you can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts