Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the reasons for me leaving the ipod behind on recent runs was because the ipod 'crashed' mid run and I haven't found the time and patience in equal quantities to investigate what has happened.

Anyway, I've plugged it in to the lap top to sync and all I get is the apple logo and then a quick flash of a text screen which is not up long enough for me to decipher. Any amount of pressing of buttons has no influence on it.

Anyone have any ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grant said:
You can do a soft reset of the Ipod.

To do this, press the centre button, followed the menu button and hold the two of them down until the Ipod re-starts.
Just to update you all. I had a senior moment and now realise that the problem was an extremely flat battery. :embarrassed:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
My pod lives on re-charge when not in use.:confused:
That's an interesting new signature, Scr8pe. But surely it should read the other way round?

...Time being more important than distance? :huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pedestrian said:
My pod lives on re-charge when not in use.:confused:
That's an interesting new signature, Scr8pe. But surely it should read the other way round?

...Time being more important than distance? :huh:
No, sorry ped, it's definitely correct. If I was to worry about the times I'm producing I would very quickly give up. It's the distance that makes me tick!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
No, I meant actual time running... not specific times for specific distances run.
So maybe you just concentrate on running for 10 minutes without worrying about the distance covered, as opposed to trying to run a specific distance in 10 minutes?

Sorry, I don't think I'm making much sense any more. It's late. I've drunk a lot of stuff which I'm told I'm not (as a runner) supposed to drink. Well that's my excuse, and it's the one I'm sticking with for now! View attachment 426
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pedestrian said:
No, I meant actual time running... not specific times for specific distances run.
So maybe you just concentrate on running for 10 minutes without worrying about the distance covered, as opposed to trying to run a specific distance in 10 minutes?

Sorry, I don't think I'm making much sense any more. It's late. I've drunk a lot of stuff which I'm told I'm not (as a runner) supposed to drink. Well that's my excuse, and it's the one I'm sticking with for now! View attachment 426
Ped, I don't think I'm making that much sense either because if I'm honest with you I do actually record the time I'm out running, but purely to log it in the spread sheet I have and it is interesting to watch your fitness improve over time. BUT I do not beat myself up about having a rubbish time one day compared with the last. There are so many variables such as weather, time of day (traffic) and most importantly, how you feel at the time (ie running with a cold etc).

The main carrot for me is most definitely distance. The time is only relevant when predicting to Mrs Scr8pe, when I will be due back. With such a busy family life, planning runs into the schedule prove to be quite a juggling act and often involve planning distance around the time available. Hence rarely doing the the same route consecutively.

Bit of a long winded reply, but I hope it explains my reasoning (and my signture).

<<lowers volume to a very quiet whisper>> I think we got away with the drunken swearing last night! :embarrassed:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,059 Posts
scr8pe said:
Ped, I don't think I'm making that much sense either because if I'm honest with you I do actually record the time I'm out running, but purely to log it in the spread sheet I have and it is interesting to watch your fitness improve over time. BUT I do not beat myself up about having a rubbish time one day compared with the last. There are so many variables such as weather, time of day (traffic) and most importantly, how you feel at the time (ie running with a cold etc).

The main carrot for me is most definitely distance. The time is only relevant when predicting to Mrs Scr8pe, when I will be due back. With such a busy family life, planning runs into the schedule prove to be quite a juggling act and often involve planning distance around the time available. Hence rarely doing the the same route consecutively.

Bit of a long winded reply, but I hope it explains my reasoning (and my signture).

<<lowers volume to a very quiet whisper>> I think we got away with the drunken swearing last night! :embarrassed:

OK, with you on that. At last.........
Drunken?!............ Swearing?!......... When was that then? :rolleyes:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top