Runners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might be a really stupid question, but I used my Belkin armband for my music/gps device the other day, similar size to an ipod...

How are you supposed to wear the things, I tried it on my upper forearm, but it got really sweaty, tried it on my wrist, was a bit loose, perhaps I should strap it round my neck and booger off...

Sorry yet again for a silly question.:worried:

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
it depends on the size of ur arms.. and wieght of device.

i found with mine that putting it around my bicep was about right

·
Registered
835 Posts
I never did get on with mine. Like you, I have runner bean arms and to be honest I felt a bit of a [email protected] wearing it, but did so out of politeness to the mother-in-law who provided it as a present.

I don't wear it now that I have a running waistcoat. The ipod sits nicely in the inside pocket and is never a problem

·
Registered
835 Posts
Wore one once. Hated it. Gave it to Mrs Hrun as a prezzie :)
Oh I wish I could get away with giving away my unwanted presents to Mrs Scr8pe!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
You are such an old romantic H.

I've never used one got a handy Ipod pocket in my running top with a wee hole to feed the headphone cable up the inside.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi

I have both Belkin and Nike ones. Both wear on the upper arm.

Have to say the Belkin one is much better, easier to use the iPod dial and also easier to fit on to the arm. Yes, they do get sweaty after every run but are washable.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
65 Posts
I use mine jump above my elbow, so it doesn't have to be amazingly tight to stay on so it doesn't sweat up too bad, but it aint going to fall off due to my arm being bent.

·
Registered
943 Posts
My arms are too scrawny for those things, so I've got one of the tiny ipods which I can clip to my clothing. Sorry, no use to you at all!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Nat, surely scrawny doesn't give us a good impression of your body. Perhaps slimline would of been a better choice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got an ipod armband off Play.com with a velcro bit on the strap so you can adjust it so it fits on your arm. I used to wear it on my bicep but found it got sweaty and my arm got sore. Have now taken to wearing it on my forearm just below the elbow and found it works really well. Otherwise when I wear my running jacket, I just shove it in the pocket.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This probably isn't much help, but prior to starting my longer runs (only 5.5 miles at the moment, but increasing!) I went out and picked up a cheap MP3 player from Argos (other over-priced catalogue stores are available). It cost a tenner and has a 1gb memory, as well as a lanyard for it (although no sport headphones). I normally wear a jumper over my t shirt when doing longer runs, so the lanyard and mp3 player goes between the two. Feels far less intrusive than having something strapped around my arm and is not much bigger than a memory stick, so weighs next to nowt as well. There's also enough songs on it to keep me going.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've just bought one of these things, going to test it out when I go in a bit. so will let you know how it goes on. if its not very good i'm taking it back

xx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts