Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if someone could answer what may be a stupid question. If you put your ipod in an arm strap or similar is there a risk of damaging it because of excessive sweat? Ipods being what they are must surly be prone to salt corrosion? Are there any cases that are designed to protect the ipod whilst doing vigorous exercises?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

Chalky

·
Registered
835 Posts
I didn't get on with my arm band and now hve the ipod in the small pocket of my shorts just under the waist band. I haven't yet had any problems with that yet.

Though like you, it's something of a concern. However, the biggest problem I had was sweat getting into and preventing my hearing aid from working. The solution was to not wear it and go naked (deaf). My runs are now far more enjoyable and give me the oppurtunity to completely switch off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What kind of ipod do you have?

I've got a nano with a Nike sport armband. It's great, fully covers the ipod so you can't see the display, but when you're running you don't have time to check the display anyway!

Most secure one I've found and it's pretty damp proof. I do wrap the nano in cling film and put the arm band under my long sleeves if it's raining though.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Mine is a nano.
I hadn't thought of cling film, I'll bear that in mind if I have problems. None so far though.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I use a nike mobile phone holder which straps to your arm, works great. :d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts