Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

My Timex Ironman had been playing up for a few weeks in so much as it would periodially go blank and then come back with date and time all wrong. I assumed the battery was dead / dying so replaced it as / instruction manual.

I now can't get any display on it at all, anyone ever had a similiar problem with these or other watch.? Also, does anyone have experience in getting a GPS watch repaired, is it worth it ? or should I be looking at a new one.?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I got my Timex repaired once.

Timex UK were superb - it was an out of warranty watch which had got very wet inside (it was dead) and they took it off me, replaced the innards and put it back together for about 15 quid total - took less than a week.

Really, really good service (and I've heard a couple of similar stories)

Now where did I live their address? (I think I found it via emailing timex.com but can't find it now!)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
E-mailed [email protected] and got the following response in case any else needs to get these things repaired.

I was amazed how cheap this might be!

----------------------------------------------------------------
If it is the arm unit (GPS) that is not working we can replace this for a new one for £44.63. If it is the watch that is faulty the price is £29.12 to replace this.

Please send the approriate item to the address below with payment.

Regards

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Normal process time 4-5 working days on receipt of watch.(Excludes transit times.)

Please include previous e-mails on any reply.

[email protected]
TIMEX GROUP UK
PO BOX 2232
MITCHAM
SURREY
CR4 3ZX

·
Registered
419 Posts
Depending on how old this is....

You could just buy a replacement bit (or even a new one) on ebay.

I sold my old 100-lap Timex GPS for 30 quid... It did have some cosmetic damage (that [email protected]@dy strap!) but other than that it was OK...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to share my personal experience with watches. I once bought paid $700 for a Patek Philippe chronograph from Amazon as a 40th birthday gift to myself. It stopped in the middle of the night twice on me and I sent to Amazon's Warranty service. It came back after 3 weeks and did the same thing all over again. I fought with Amazon to return it and they relented and took it back. Don't know if I got a lemon or what but I never spent that much again on a watch. I've spent $200 on my watches and feel those are great values.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts