Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
couldnt agree more mate iv tried boxing and a couple of styles that fall under mma catagory and still believe that mma is the way forward. it seems to offer much more in terms of technical fighting with a very strategic element too. plus iv never been so tired after a couple of rounds of kickboxing when iv taken a barrage of sweeps to the legs.

Im joining a new kickboxing club in a few weeks to help with the running training actually.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
dan_done1 said:
Im joining a new kickboxing club in a few weeks to help with the running training actually.

People wanting to kick the crap out of me would improve my running with out a doubt.:eek:

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
skillipedia said:
The MMA seems to be the real deal in terms of fighting skills and entertainment. I didn't even bother when Joe Calzaghe fought Bernard Hopkins as i was waiting for the UFC83 till morning.

I like MMA, too. I went to an event in the Braehead Arena in Glasgow last year and it was a good event.

I wouldn't mind going to see the UFC in Vegas, tho.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I agree MMA in my opinion is the better sport. Though it does look more brutal and vicious at first glance, it is the far more tactical sport. For me it is the much broader range of styles and disiplines in the same ring during a fight that pleases and entertains.

The fitness levels, stamina, determination and courage are imense far more than I could hope for.

Squint

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have been involved in karate for over 30 years and I have worked the doors in my younger days and I find no entertainment value in seeing two people hitting each other. It’s barbaric

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Zan, I'm sure if two women started mud wrestling in front of you, you would find some entertainment in it!

Squint

1 - 10 of 10 Posts