Runners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....run a 10k?
Obviously this need not be answered by ladies only!
I've no idea as a pair of rabbits is all I have to look after...and they are hard enough...little buggars they are!:d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was very definitive mickygee! Speaking from experience I guess.
So are more calories burnt off chasing round toddlers all day than doing training runs?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have an extreamly hyper now 7 year old. She is on the go none stop. I don't know about calorie expansion but I used to be less than 10 stone before she started school and that was all down to her. Now she is at school I'm up to just under 12 stone.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i dont run so cant comment but i have just restarted working in our schools nursery everyday, cos i love the 'on the go constantly feeling' i also love having an house full of kids maybe im just sad lol

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Is it easier to look after 2 under 5 year olds than run a 10k?

only if the 5 year olds are asleep!

Give me a 10k over toddler taming any day :confused:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ballibeg said:
As a house husband to a family of 3 kids (5, 4 and 1) I can confirm that I go out for a run for a rest!

Dave
I'd like to be a house husband but as we don't have kids I guess that suggestion to SWMBO might not go down too well!:d

·
Registered
64 Posts
From personal experience I find racing a 10k properly a damn hard experience.

Babysitting for two under 5s is easy though. Amuse them for an hour or so, then they go to bed and you can watch TV for the rest of the evening.

Or is there a difference between babysitting and raising children? (innocent expression on face)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Bryn R said:
From personal experience I find racing a 10k properly a damn hard experience.

Babysitting for two under 5s is easy though. Amuse them for an hour or so, then they go to bed and you can watch TV for the rest of the evening.

Or is there a difference between babysitting and raising children? (innocent expression on face)
Big difference Bryn!!

Looking after under 5's when the weather is decent is quite easy (just let them go loopy in the park, take them to feed the ducks or out on their bikes). It's when you are stuck in a house trying to arbitrate between endless games of connect 4 and guess who.

Give me a 10k any day!

·
Registered
835 Posts
shoes888m said:
spam snipped

To forum admin, is there any way of banning this blatant advertising? I for one will not be visiting this website and will copy this post over as many of these as possible.

This is the last post I shall cover up as I fear I may only be drawing attention to the advertising, thus defeating my objective

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Scr8pe, as far as I'm aware these types of post are banned, and the forum admin are usually pretty darn good at getting rid of them. Preventing them popping up in the first place is a pretty hard thing to police though i'd imagine.

Sadly as you say, by repeatedly posting quoting the original spam post, you won't be doing anything more than drawing further attention advertising :(

I think the best thing to do is simply ignore them (annoying as they are), they don't happen too often, and as mentioned earlier, the admin are fairly swift in getting rid of them.

·
Registered
835 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
Scr8pe, as far as I'm aware these types of post are banned, and the forum admin are usually pretty darn good at getting rid of them. Preventing them popping up in the first place is a pretty hard thing to police though i'd imagine.

Sadly as you say, by repeatedly posting quoting the original spam post, you won't be doing anything more than drawing further attention advertising :(

I think the best thing to do is simply ignore them (annoying as they are), they don't happen too often, and as mentioned earlier, the admin are fairly swift in getting rid of them.
It seems that admin has spotted it and acted accordingly

Personally I find this as irritating as being pounced on as soon as you walk in a shop. I often turn around and walk straight out.

Anyway, back to thread. As with ballibeg, I use running to get away from 'em (literally):embarrassed:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Even as a newbie I would say a 10K run. I have an 8 yr old (special needs) and a 22 month old whom is going on 22. I have had them all weekend as a single parent as hubby worked 13 hour shifts. They get up between 5-6am and they bicker like Kevin and Perry ALL DAY

I've already booked my place in the local psychiatric unit for a weeks holiday :rolleyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Man i reckon all this kid stuff is easy......id just take em on a really really long walk.

Then let them crash when we got home.

Simple....

ha ha ha ha

I used to work with kids with disabilities in the summer when i was at uni......great fun......fill em with e numbers and give back to the parents....he he

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I've always said its easier to go to work or run a 10 k for that matter than look after kids. That's if your kids are like mine and always falling out with each other. One day I'll come home and one of them will have killed the other I'm sure.

Can't wait for them to leave home;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Stacka said:
Man i reckon all this kid stuff is easy......id just take em on a really really long walk.

Then let them crash when we got home.

Simple....

ha ha ha ha

I used to work with kids with disabilities in the summer when i was at uni......great fun......fill em with e numbers and give back to the parents....he he
Easier said than done. My eldest doesn't walk very far due to her disability and my wee toddler/tyrant heads off in any direction that has got water!!!

My eldest goes to a special needs summer club in the hols. She loves it however I do supply the food and drink ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts