Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know about the rest of the country, but it is glorious here in Edinburgh today. Warm and sunny. Went for a really nice, slow 10 mile run this morning and it was sheer pleasure. Last week the weather has been crap. Felt like Winter. But Summer seems to have returned. Just hope it will last! :)

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Devon is pretty. I am sat out in the garden with a beer, after a disasterous 10k which became a really fast 5k, rest and then a 5k run/walk home. I knew I had set out to fast.

·
Registered
693 Posts
It seems to be here, though all I know is lit ooks sunny and warm outside. I dont know if it actually is as I'm stuck in bed with a dodgy tummy!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
sunny in warwick... but was freezing first thing... was about 6 degrees when i went out... was nice though as the sun was starting to burn the mist off the fields

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
It was sooooo cold just before we set off on our 10 mile - and I really didnt want to take off my hoodie over my short sleeve running top, but so glad I did!!! Definitely warmed up a treat!

As if we haven't sweated enough today - chilli for tea!! (Yum!!)

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Summer here in too.

Perfect weather for watching my team struggle to hold onto a two goal lead against the second bottom team. The fact that the tickets were free was an added bonus.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Anglesey was nice and warm too! :'(

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
either I just heard thunder.... or someone was moving a very big filing cabinet, though it seems fair outside so it could quite possibly have been the filing cabinet! :lol:

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
either I just heard thunder.... or someone was moving a very big filing cabinet, though it seems fair outside so it could quite possibly have been the filing cabinet! :lol:
It could have been someone who had porridge for brekkie?!

God I am bored - bored - bored - bored today! Most exciting thing - someone coming to our office to do a quote for going through our rubbish and organising the recycling! Wooo! (At least my computer faces away from everyone so I can sit on RF!!)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
My day sounds about as interesting as yours SB... so boring I'm starting to think about a career change... not sure there's a huge amount I can do without re-training though!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My day sounds about as interesting as yours SB... so boring I'm starting to think about a career change... not sure there's a huge amount I can do without re-training though!
You could become a fitness instructor or full time runner! Maybe we could see you at London 2012 ;)

I wonder how one becomes a personal trainer? Do you need qualifications or can you just go out and sell your expertise too all and sundry?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
fitness instructor/personal trainer was a strong possibility, but it appears like you need certain qualifications to be employed as one... guess if you go it alone then there's no legal requirements?

London 2012? Full time runner? How awesome would that be eh? *stares into nothingness and starts to daydream*

1 - 20 of 26 Posts