Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I really like lifting weights and think the help me with my running.

You've got to be careful when squatting, because there are so many muscles you could injury, i.e. lower back, quads and hamstrings.

On the other hand, I think it's a really good exercise, as you have to be strong enough to support the weight yourself, as well as moving it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've done weight training including squats for many years. I don't know if I run faster but I've got strong legs which surely must be better than not?
Many people avoid squats because they are afraid of injury. If so try hack squats. You work the same leg muscles but lift the weight off floor from behind your back. If you Google Hack Squat you'll find a proper decription.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
wounded knee said:
I've done weight training including squats for many years. I don't know if I run faster but I've got strong legs which surely must be better than not?
Many people avoid squats because they are afraid of injury. If so try hack squats. You work the same leg muscles but lift the weight off floor from behind your back. If you Google Hack Squat you'll find a proper decription.
Hack squats kill my knees.:(

You could also try the leg press machine in the gym too.

Best to try both and see which one one best for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts