Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, to start with, in 3 years of running I've never had a blister and don't know if what I have now consitutes a blister or not. I went for a 10 mile run yesterday and halfway through the toe next to my big toe hurt a little. When I got back there was a bit of skin hanging off so I just took it off and it was really red and sore. I put a plaster on and went out today for another 10 miler and it hurt again when I got back. It's like the toe has been rubbing on the big toe and taken some skin away. My big toe does tend to curl in a bit and is constantly touching the toe next to it. Does this constitue a blister? It doesn't bleed or anthing. Just stings a bit. Either way it sucks. I guess this is my first official injury.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
You've never known a blister? Then you are a lucky, lucky man...

If it's a blister, it will be filled with fluid. If it's just skin scraped away, then it won't. It could be a blister that burst and just left a flap of skin behind.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Maybe its a sharp Toe nail rubbing I have had that before!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It may well be ta long toe nail causing it. I didn't cut them for a while, so that may explain it. I will cut them immediately. There was no fluid or anything. Thankfully I don't think it's a blister. 3 years blister free. Don't know how I avoid them. I usually just throw on any old socks that a lying around to run in, so I would have expected a blister at some point.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
if it's a flap of skin then it's unlikely to be filled with fluid ;) Sounds like a blister that has developed and burst during the course of the run.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I think I have blisters on my blisters after yesterday's long run.

Also my big toenail finally fell off - couldn't summon the courage to look underneath, just slapped a plaster over it :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts