Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive posted/ ranted several times before about my trail shoes.. but i was sat stairing at them tonight (dont ask.. i was very bored) and noticed that they seam to slope inwards which is made worse by overpronation.. even without my foot being in them..

ive only worn them for 2 10k races and 1 30min trot across the local race course

do you think:
a. its a manufacturing fault
b. happened through use
c. normal
d. dont care either way

the only problem i cant find my recipt to take them back to shop so i guess my only leg is with salomon

Attachments

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Try taking them to the shop anyway they might change them. My local shop done this for me a few pairs ago had a problem the lady checked them agreed and the only question she asked was whether I wanted the same make again in exchange.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Your contract is with the shop, not Solomon. If you have a card statement showing the transaction that should be sufficient.

See if a pair in the shop sit the same way?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Usually I'd say it was due to wear... the whole point being shoes for overpronation is that they have a higher density medial post (I think that's the correct term?) which stops your foot rolling inwards. Without this the foam on the inside of the foot will start to progressively collapse the shoes will lean inwards.

After ~15miles though? I've no idea! You wouldn't have thought so would you? Ultimately I don't think you've got anything to lose by taking them back to the shop

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well its kinda encouraging that no-one has said its normal... so a visit and a rant at the shop today is due to take place... wish me luck... as i truly suck at any form of complaining

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Dont rant at the staff. They are just earning a living and didn't break them. You will get more support if you are nice!
I agree - you can get shirty if they are unhelpful etc, but at first just be polite I'm sure they will be keen to help.

I feel sorry for lots of customer service people - the fat cats make decisions etc yet it's people just struggling to pay bills themselves who staff desks and phones and get all the flak :(

Hope you get an answer anyway!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i took them back.. they were quite surprised when i said it was from about 25km of running.. but they did say that they would have to send them to salomon to be checked out.. which will take about two weeks...

bugger... so much for wearing in Sat's multi- terrain race.. :|

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ho-hum... another pair of shoes ordered online... fingers crossed they arrive in time ...
but they are a very funky color :) clicky

·
Registered
119 Posts
often times shoes made west of san fransicso sufferthis problem if they are not put together straight in the factory...without actually seeing the shoes it is diffcult to say.....chances are they will replace them

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
uuurgh...

you know how sometimes something are just destined to go wrong...

ordered my mizumos off wiggle on wednesday.. pay more for priority dispatch.. get email wed night card expiry date wrong.. correct that they get shipped yesterday..

shoes arrive today (look very very nice and cool) although they shipped size 8 instead of size 9 .... AAARRGHHH! im destined not to race tommorow

i can get my foot in and do them up etc... but my toe is prob about 4mm from the end.. i had to try without my socks on but my running socks are very thin.

basically.. if i ware them.. what sort of damage is it likely to do to my feet?
i wouldnt expect blisters as there is no room for my foot to slide..

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I don't think it would have been a good idea to race in brand new shoes even if the right size had come. And I think you would still suffer horrible blisters potentially, as the impact on your feet will still be trying to force your feet around inside the shoe which will create friction, and by then as Hrun says you will have negated the option to send them back :(

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
small shoes = bruised toes & black toe-nails... not worth it at all, you'd be much better off just running in your road shoes. Not ideal by any means but at least you'll get your money back!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
do you ever get the feeling at times that the world is out to get you....

ive finally found somewhere that stocks the shoes i wanted and has my size... so now catching train to swindon this afternoon, buying shoes from shop.. then gonna post wrong size ones back to wiggle for refund.

i know about the risk of new shoes etc.. but its only a 10k race.. and even if i was breaking them in, i would be doing that sort of distance anyway.

*wonders off back to a happy place again*

1 - 20 of 31 Posts