Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running for about 6 months but have never ran more than 10km (aside from running 8m once) Yesterday i entered a 10 mile road race which was great fun and i had a really enjoyable run. However, i spent yesterday afternoon sat on the toilet!!Is this normal? If so, does anyone know why and have any ideas on how i can prevent it from happening? as it put a slight downer on what had been a really good race.
Thanks

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
You may have overdone it in the race and jigged everything up, it is easy to go faster and get caught up with it all at events.

Your body might not have been used to you going faster than normal, assuming that you did in this instance.

I wouldn't worry too much.

How did you get on out of interest.

TT

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I've suffered with an upset stomach on a few occaisions where I pushed my body further than it was probably ready to go. I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, and the only thing i'd suggest to prevent it is to make sure you're ready to tackle the event, or as to be as prepared as you can be at least! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try and up my distances a tad. I had a really good run though thanks. No records broken but most enjoyable! You can't beat running whilst taking in the isle of wight scenery!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
my stomach doesnt react too well to a few hours on energy drinks & energy gels/bars.
and probably it objects more to me ravenously stuffing down the wrong kind of food afterwards!

exertion level may be an issue as the harder the effort the less able to process the food your body is. so if you're stuffing down energy foods at high exertion it may take a while to catch up!
by which time you dont need it anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts