Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woop! I've just been sent a 15% off voucher for a new running shop that's just opened in Meadowhell, just because I'm taking part in the Sheffield half... This of course means they're trying to use me for a guinea pig but I don't care, like how tonight I'm getting a free meal in this new SUPER expensive fish food restaurant that's opening at the weekend.

Karma.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, as the man says - it's part of sweatshop... would it be really bad of me to post the voucher on here? I got sent it as a Jpg in an email... I'm not sure if you need to put a race number in it though... hrmmm...

Best not... some sad clerk somewhere would notice.

I'm gunna go on sat, so I'll let you all in on how good it is then.

Richard, do you live anywhere near Meadowhell??

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh... I do it all the time. Although, you may have guessed that meadowhell isn't my favouritist place on the planet! I'd rather sit and stare at elleuk.com and shop websites and weep over all the pwitty things I can't have... but then I just buy them anyway... and moan that I don't have enough money to go home and see my dog (and parents)... sorry I've been on the coffee again heh.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I got a voucher sent through for 15% off Asics for the race i am doing in July the British 10K

Wont use it though i wear saucony :p

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does that include clothes though? I physically can't wear their shoes as they cause me problems, they don't have any models are that cushioned enough, BUT, I do have a soft sport for their clothes.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have a soft spot for clothes full stop.

I got a pair of them skins trousers oh they are lovely to wear.

Hold everything in :p

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bet you have nothing to hold in!!!

I need to get a new pair of leggins - my reebok ones are too thick for summer/gym wearing and I have some cheapo ones I got from decathalon which seemed to have lost their breathable...ness heh... I don't feel cool in them anymore. Maybe I'll give those skin things a go. Usually I get ideas from RW, but they get sent to my dad's house, and he's neglected to forward them for the past 3 months :(

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
well i have some flab that i tuck in neatly HA HA ... i lost a lot of weight in the past and need to tone more.

Skins are really good for summer they are so light weight also look at them on the net Almost.

They are a bit pricey but worth it.

http://www.skins.net/au/en/default.aspx

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the opposite, but similar problem, in that I'm muscley as hell, I do like one session of weights and my biceps get huge - however, I have a slight layer of fat... and extra skin (I used to be a loooot bigger)... so it doesn't look that great :( I just look... weird.

Bloody hell, they are a tad pricey! But if they last a long time then obviously they're worth it. If I put a value on my clothes based on how many times I wore them, then those would probably be the cheapest clothes I'd own, seeing as I'd wear them quite a lot!! I was about to make an example out of clothes I was wearing right now, but literally everything I'm wearing is less than 2 weeks old... I do have tops that are like 4 years old and I've worn 3 times... the fact that I can tell you how many times I've worn something probably means I've not worn it enough! Heh.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have muscley arms due to having horses and lifting bales of straws into the barns etc, and i have big calves due to skiing and horse riding etc, i hate them !!! wish i had thinner legs.

I think they are worth it but i would wear them most of the time for training and for races.

They are great for circulation also, i love em, they are so thin almost you think they wont hold me in but when you put them on boy they are great.

As for clothes i am the same so i will say no comment :p

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, the last pair of leggins I got, when I first went out in them I felt naked, which was fab!! Like I said though, they're not breathable anymore, so feel really ... yucky.

I think yoga has helped a bit in streamlining my muscle bulges heh. not my legs though, I have man-legs :( Well, maybe they're not SOOO bad, but definitely in my arms and shoulders where I looked almost like the incredible hulk from climbing!!! YUCK! Still, it doesn't stop me wearing my stilettos and skirts heh, black opague tights hide all! It's a lil bit crappy being such a girly girl and not having a girly girl body - having said that though, I look at models and they just look like skin and bone - I'm really not jealous, I always think to myself they must be really lazy, but of course if you never eat then you probably don't have enough energy to move heh *she says as she looks through the new elle longing for the new dior maxi dress* :p

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I have some skins and have to be honest I'm disappointed with the quality and price/value. They do feel fantastic to wear, but they really don't last fantastically well, the logo vinyl stuff has already come off the one pair in the thigh area and thread is starting to come loose form the waistband... All this happened within a month of buying them - but me being lazy, by the time I got around to trying to get a new pair, I learned that they only come with a 30-day warranty! Further research has found that they're only designed to last around 30 wears (in terms of the compression clothing technology aspect)... they cost £55-£60 for heavens sake!

Certainly won't be buying another pair :asleep:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
I have some skins and have to be honest I'm disappointed with the quality and price/value. They do feel fantastic to wear, but they really don't last fantastically well, the logo vinyl stuff has already come off the one pair in the thigh area and thread is starting to come loose form the waistband... All this happened within a month of buying them - but me being lazy, by the time I got around to trying to get a new pair, I learned that they only come with a 30-day warranty! Further research has found that they're only designed to last around 30 wears (in terms of the compression clothing technology aspect)... they cost £55-£60 for heavens sake!

Certainly won't be buying another pair :asleep:
Well the price is certainly steep Richard. and i thought that about the logo mine has started to come away a bit, but i thoughti was stretching it too much ;)

I will keep an eye on them if they start to go i will shout and get money back :eek:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BTW - Loch Fyne... very VERY good indeed. I'd go back for a special occasion, it is a bit pricey... but definitely recommended. In actual fact, might go check out this running shop this afternoon, my boss has left and I don't have much to do... so might sneak out... hrmmm...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts