Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did my first 5km this morning!

Ok I had to walk 5 minutes of it but the rest I jogged/ran and the whole route, 3.28 miles took me 40 minutes. I've worked out I ran for a total of 35 minutes which is the most I've ever done in one session. I'm so pleased with myself and amazed that I managed it after the dog bite incident last Tuesday.

I was a little hesistant about going down the trailway this morning but I persevered and after a mile saw the mist clearing and realised it was going to be a beautiful day which spurred me on. It was a great run in the end with gorgeous scenery and lots of people out walking/cycling giving me broad smiles as I went.

I came across plenty of people walking their dogs and there was no problem at all, they all kept their dogs back from me on their leads which I'm hoping is a a result of them seeing my story in the local paper last week.

Things are looking up! go Lizzie!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
What an inspiration you are! I really enjoyed reading that. Now you are going to have to enter the social and there is no way you will be walk/running the half next year. It will be sprint all the way.

Well done you! :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awwww thanks Hrun! :d

My leg was fine Beasty, its a little tender if I press it but its fine to run, I'm more pleased that my tummy has settled down! lol

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do feel great Vaughan, a beautiful day, a brilliant run and a great home and boyfriend to come home to, what could be better?! :d

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks!

I'm absolutely knackered now though, so much so I had to go back to bed for hour this afternoon! and I'm really hungry as well!

I remember feeling similar to this the day after I ran a mile non-stop for the first time. God only knows what state I'll be in after the Stur half next year!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
God only knows what state I'll be in after the Stur half next year!
my guess is that assuming youve done your training.. that you wont feel much worse.

after my first 10k i felt dead.... but 4month later when i did my first 10mile i didnt feel any worse

training and self belife is the key :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh I do believe in myself, I just hard it hard to imagine myself running that far at the moment

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
belife is beasty for belief :)
yeah my spelin suxs

And he is right, (again)
thats twice in one day... must make a note in my diary.. and not let it happen again

*...wonders off to learn from squint on how to post random crap...*

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Fantastic stuff Lizzy, and glad to hear you got into the paper with your dog attack... hopefully a few people will take note.

Onwards and upwards for you then, yet another forumite who's progressing faster than I can seem to keep track of! :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts