Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

this may be a dumb question :) being new to running I am a little confused as to the difference between jogging and an easy run, is it a speed thing, under a certain speed you are deemed to be jogging ? Coming from a cycling background TT,s Track etc I am used to training within HR zones and am comfortable with that. Its no big deal I,m just curious :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I think this question comes up a lot, and people say different things. I don't think there is a set speed to distinguish between jogging and running. Bet it's classed as jogging the speed I go, but it sure as hell feels like running to me:d

But hey at least we're doing something:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dimple

I thought it may be down to personal perspective but I just had to ask :) I never really gave it a thought until I decided to fill in the training blog and had to choose between Jogging and Easy run, obviously I went for Easy run :) ( Elitist or what ) Speedwise, like you it is probably jogging and who cares at least we are out there having fun. Did I actually use the word "fun". This running thing must be getting hold of me :d

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I never know either what to put easy run etc.

I agree with you it should be about fun, she says who did a 5k race last night and didn't find it "fun" at all cause she's crap at races.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Yes, ha ha it didn’t half come down and sky went really black. Race was at Birchwood, it was a womens only 5k. Think my problem is setting off too fast I seem to burn out and slow down. Doing the Manchester City 10k on Sunday, and will try to keep calm at the start.

Are you gonna do any races?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No plans at the moment, still building up the staminabut I think I will be tempted before long. Long term plan I would like to do the Rivington Pike race 3mls and possibly the Winter Hill race 11mls.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
For what it's worth I'd always rather say I did an easy run than I went for a jog as the latter gives the wrong impression.

We are all runners here...not joggers, whatever your pace. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My thoughts exactly Steve, told you it was a dumb question at the outset :d but to be honest until Dimple replied I thought I may be the first person to die a death on the forum :d :d :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Don't do that...........that's not the way we want to have our next RF meet....:d:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Sandylaner it’s not a daft question, but I’m daft.;)

That would be impressive to run anywhere around Rivvi, it’s really nice round there, I love taking my dog up to the top.:)

Was talking to a lady last night who did those Howrich races the other week, the ones where they run a different race for 5 nights on a row. Now that would be hard, all those hills!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was talking to a lady last night who did those Howrich races the other week, the ones where they run a different race for 5 nights on a row. Now that would be hard, all those hills!!

I think its called the Tour, maybe another plan for next year. Gonna give my knee another couple of weeks on the shorter runs and then hit the hills over Rivington. Got a crackin route planned over the moors via White Coppice and Great Hill, beautiful scenery as well.

Good luck in your 10K at the weekend.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I think its called the Tour, maybe another plan for next year. Gonna give my knee another couple of weeks on the shorter runs and then hit the hills over Rivington. Got a crackin route planned over the moors via White Coppice and Great Hill, beautiful scenery as well.

Good luck in your 10K at the weekend.
Thanks

Yes it is the tour and it sounds like hard work too. Might go over Rivington myself when I'm off work in a couple of weeks. Should be good for the old thighs hey:d

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Purely for identification purposes, and it may also come in handy after looking at the "What would you do thread", in that situation I could wrap it around my head, poke two eyeholes in it and keep my identity a secret :d

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Things some will go through just to keep going for that PB :'(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts