Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this may be a really dumb thing to ask but what is the difference between jogging and running???:embarrassed: I know jogging is slower but is there a specific speed when a jog turns into a run? and is there any difference in the style?:confused:

I currently am only 'running' at 6mph so am really only jogging?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
ooh... it's that question again....

<<gets comfy and waits for the debate to begin again>>

Psst... Yorkie, don't worry about it...you're running as far as I'm concerned ;)

·
Registered
634 Posts
I've always thought that there was no difference between running and jogging, but then I was asked, if you were being chased by a Rottweiler would you jog away?:eek: No I wouldn't...

But then again - is jogging the same as slow running? or is there a dividing line where a jog becomes a run?. I dunno.

Glad to be of help in clarifying this much debated topic....:embarrassed: :embarrassed: ;)

I hope someone who hasn't had so much wine will be of more assistance;)

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Trinity said:
Psst... Yorkie, don't worry about it...you're running as far as I'm concerned ;)
I'd agree - that's about the pace I do my long runs at.

I'd think that everyone's definition of jogging speed is different, depending on how fast they are.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He he, sorry, didn't realise I was bringing up a delicate subject!
Thanks for your responses, I was dreading logging back on expecting to see 'oh dear, what are you doing on a running forum when you can't even tell the difference between a jog and a run!' and similar replies.:)

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Yorkie said:
He he, sorry, didn't realise I was bringing up a delicate subject!
Thanks for your responses, I was dreading logging back on expecting to see 'oh dear, what are you doing on a running forum when you can't even tell the difference between a jog and a run!' and similar replies.:)
It's not that it's a "delicate" subject; it's just that someone asks the same question almost every week!
In the end, does it really matter what the difference is; or even if there is a difference at all? All that really matters is that you're out there (unless you're one of the frightening number of "dreadmill" runners) doing it at all, whatever the pace.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Yorkie when I first came on this forum I was walking only. It was the site that started me run/walking and now I run (jog)

Pedestrian nought wrong with treadmill runners at least we are doing something instead of sitting in front of the tv. Maybe one day I will venture out but not yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts