Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search of the forum but couldnt find anything about joggers nipple, which I was suprised about. Plenty of stuff about people getting it but how to do start to fix it once its happened?
I went for a run this morning in the rain and my tshirt got soaked....needless to say I now have very tender nips!

I will be buying a water proof jacket later today :)

O.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
For me it's plenty of vaseline pre run ...does the trick.
Others use plasters but I find they come off during a long hot run.

What to do if affected? Don't know what's advised either.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I went to a running shop recently and was surprised to find that you can get tiny hexagon shaped nipple guards.

Maybe give them a try, it would be quite interesting to see how practical they are.

J

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Nat said:
Pmsl - what is joggers nipple?!?

Us girlys generally don't have to worry about this problem unless you run without a sports bra on :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't normally get effected by it but I think its due to the wet tshirt sticking to my skin rather than moving around, and because the tshirt was wet and cold, they stuck out like I was smuggling peanuts!!!

O.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
LOL owain, if you can try and invest in a moisture wicking running top, it won't prevent it totally but will make running in the rain more bareable, plus if you get sweaty the top won't stick to you either. :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
You girls have such an easy life................

..............sits back and awaits, in trepidation!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Y'know what, I'm shocked and apalled! I thought you lot were too sophisticated and sensible to allow alomst every thread to sink very low very quickly in tone... obviously I was wrong... Ahwell...

*gets over it*

Anyway, back on topic (ARGH!); I remember seeing this dude as I was leaving the stadium on sunday - was wearing a cotten grey tee, and he had two lovely smears of blood on his chest coming through... Needless to say I laughed my arse off as soon as he was out of sight... not that I'm an evil bitch, but just made me think "did no one hand you the vaseline before the run?".

·
Registered
19 Posts
I get it on my left nip?
Solution,buy cheap top from primark,very lightweight,does not rub...no prob now
Unless you want to suffer for fashion?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
almost_no_specifics said:
Y'know what, I'm shocked and apalled! I thought you lot were too sophisticated and sensible to allow alomst every thread to sink very low very quickly in tone... obviously I was wrong... Ahwell...

*gets over it*
Well us mods will have to become more sofistekated and keep a stricter order then.:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I would have been fine with the tops I normally wear if it hadnt rained so heavy! If there had been a wet tshirt competition during my run, I reckon I would have won it!

Heading to my local running shop later to see what they have in the way of water proof tops / jackets.

O.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Personally and in my experience,lightweight and natural,as artificial rubs me up the wrong way - painful!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts