Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, Im joining the army.Ive passes adsc, and should be going to basic training in november.

I can run

3miles - 24 mins and in 23 mins ( only done it two times atm )

1.5 miles-10:30.0 ( Done at ADSC , Army Devlopment Selection Centre )

Im just wondering if this is good enough ....not to be easy ( because it wont ) but to find it a little easier/better/ more chance of passing.

And also what would you redcomend a a training day ( See below )

Mon-Gym
Tue-3miles
Wed-Gym
Thur-1.5Miles
Fri-Gym
Sat- NEED SOME FORM OF RUNNING HERE ( you tell me )
Sun-Rest.

Thank you in advance Runner's Forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The PT is going to be hard no 2 ways about it, no matter how fit you are.
You really want to be running your PFT (1.5mile) in around 9.30 before you get there as 10.30 is the minimum standard there, thats with your press ups and sit ups before hand.

Your training programme looks ok but your runs need to be longer at least 5 mile. (start slow and build up). This will be around the minimum distance you will do for PT as a lesson and you need to build on stamina, anyone can push themselves around 1.5 miles. Your PT sessions will last for a minimum of 40 mins so you need to try running for that long and see how you fair there.

On the Saturday i would do interval training or Fartlek. Where you vary your speed. 5 min warm up and then push yourself for 1 minute recovery the next min and half and build up from there pushing yourself for longer.

Remember to warm up and down properly and do lots of stretching the last thing you want is injury before you get there.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts