Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd let you know whats happening with the old hip. I have been for 1 lot of physio and have been fobbed off with 'being stiff in the lower back'. All very common and need to do more core work. I have been dong the exercises he gave me and have found it seems to be getting worse.
He decided that the crunching in my hip is due to the stiffness in my back and should sort itself out with a little stretching.

My eye is all I can say to that! I go back next Monday and will be having words with him if nothing is improved by then. I'm still not allowed to run, I went out for a short, slow run about a week before physio. I found walking quite painful the following day so decided not to go out again. Mr physio said I'm not to go out again yet, I need to get everything strengthened before I do.

So that's me really, I do keep popping in to have a read. Sorry I'm not that active at the moment, I'll try and rectify that. Hopefully I'll be back to running and my normal happy self before too much longer.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
So frustrating for you.

Is there any other possible treatment you could try if physio isn't doing the trick? Acupuncture?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Fingers crossed for you Taurus :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I don't know about anything else yet Steve, I'm not going to rule the physio out. Sometimes more than one thing needs to be tried before a solution is found.
Positive thinking and all that lol!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Got trouble with my hip at the mo so know what it's like - have my fingers crossed it's just an acute problem rather than something chronic, but it was quite sudden so am hopeful it will disappear quickly.

Will keep fingers crossed for you as well that you get it sorted with physio etc :cool:

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Sorry to hear it, but good to know you are not giving up. I found spending time in here helped motivate me to keep looking forward.

Don't be a stranger :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts