Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a phrase used by a reatively large sports goods manufacturer - but it is a good mantra to follow.

I was out on an all-night bender on Thursday, work on Friday and was still not feeling tip-top this morning. Wasn't looking forward to heading out for a run, but if I waited until tomorrow it then impacts on which days I can run through the week so just gritted my teeth and headed out.

The first couple of miles really did seem harder than they normally are, but after that things settled down and I was feeling ok. I ended up doing 10 miles at a half-decent pace (for me anyway), which is my longest run to date (previous was 9.3 miles).

So the main point of my post is that you might not always feel like going out a run - but why not just get out there and see how it goes - because it may surprise you once you get going.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I have found that. It often takes a couple of miles for me to settle and then I start to enjoy it.

I went out on the bike this morning and cycled up a hill that six months ago I had to walk up. That alone made going out worthwhile.

·
Registered
635 Posts
If I dont feel like going for a run I just go anyway, cos the way I see it even if I get half way round it's better than sitting on the sofa stuffing my face, and at least I've done some excersise.

And while running if I'm thiking about stopping I look to the end of the road/next corner and I make a deal with myself, if I feel worse then I'll stop for a bit. And I never feel worse so I carry on.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Sometimes it's inexplicable the way you can expect to be heavy-legged and end up running comfortably for long distances isn't it?

I find that, once you get back from your run, all those endorphins make you wonder why you were hesitating to get out there in the first place! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts